Hydroviv's Policies: Updated January 1, 2018
Hydroviv's Policies: Last Updated January 1, 2018
Plain English Summary:
SHIPPING & TURNAROUND POLICY: Hydroviv's products are made-to-order. New orders typically ship within 2-4 business days of order receipt. If we have a backlog, we will let you know.
RETURNS/REFUNDS: If you're not happy, we're not happy. If you want to return your order within 60 days of purchase, we'll quickly issue a refund. If the product was purchased outside the 60 day window, reach out, and if your request is reasonable, we’ll likely refund your purchase
QUESTIONS? Contact us at email@example.com. We are here for you.
Details Of Our Policy:
All Hydroviv Policies ("Policy") applies to purchases of Hydroviv products made by consumers from Hydroviv, LLC. ("Hydroviv") and visitors to this website (“Site”). By using this “Site” and/or purchasing any product (“Product”) from Hydroviv you agree to this Policy. This Site is controlled by Hydroviv from its location in Washington, DC, USA. It may be accessed from any state as well as other countries. Because laws may differ, by accessing this Site, you agree that the laws of Washington DC will apply to all matters arising out of use of this Site. This Policy represents the only agreement between Hydroviv and the consumer regarding the use of this site for any purpose
WARRANTY FOR ALL PRODUCTS
In addition to our 60 day guarantee, Hydroviv products are covered by a one-year Manufacturer's Limited Warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. Hydroviv reserves the right to deny your warranty or other claim if it is found that the product was improperly installed, damaged, or abused.
- While Hydroviv will pay for return shipping to return defective products, Hydroviv does not reimburse customers for other incurred expenses, such as but not limited to: installation and setup fees, damages caused by product, professional services, or legal fees, and will not honor return/refund requests for such.
- ALL refunds are given solely at the discretion of Hydroviv. All returned products WILL be carefully analyzed to determine if it has been used, abused, or damaged in any way, either damaged during installation, or operated under improper conditions. Any refund determined to be due will be issued by at the conclusion of the analysis. Misapplication of the product, damage from overpressure, water pressure spikes, freeze damage, improper water conditions, and installation damage do not qualify for a refund.
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY FOR ALL PRODUCTS AND INSTALLATION SERVICES
For all products and services: HYDROVIV is not responsible or financially liable for any water damage, property damage, or personal injury, direct or indirect, that may occur from normal and correct use of the products we sell, catastrophic failure of the products we sell, failure to properly connect the units to the water supply lines, and/or failure to understand and observe the proper water pressure ratings and requirements for these units. Use, install, and monitor all of our products solely at your own risk. Do not expose any of these units to freezing temperatures (<33 degrees Fahrenheit) or direct sunlight (UV rays).
- In all circumstances, Hydroviv's maximum liability is limited to the purchase price of the product(s) or service(s) sold.
- HYDROVIV has no liability toward any plumbing fees or bills nor any or all plumbing work and connecting these units to the water supply is done at your own risk.
- Always check all connections for leaks periodically. HYDROVIV is not responsible for any leaks or water damage whatsoever. We highly recommend purchasing a leak detector to alert users of leaks before major damage is done.
- For all HYDROVIV products, determination of product suitability, application use of the product, and the fitness of a product for a particular purpose is the sole responsibility of the buyer. Buy and use at your own risk.
INSTALLATION SERVICE PERFORMED BY HYDROVIV PERSONNEL
- Hydroviv's installers require Hydroviv products downstream of a properly functioning shutoff valve.
- The installation procedure is limited to disconnecting the flexible cold water faucet supply line, connecting the supply line to the housing output, and connecting the housing input to the cold water shutoff valve. The housing is either mounted to the inside of the cabinet using a bracket or positioned in the corner of the cabinet without a bracket (customer request only). Reasonable care will be taken to make the installation as tidy as possible.
- It is the customer's sole responsibility to monitor the system for leaks.
- In the unlikely event that a leak is found, it is the customer's responsibility to stop flow to the filter by turning off the cold water shutoff valve, and to open the cold water faucet to relieve pressure.
WATER QUALITY ASSESSMENTS
- The information and/or water report used to make product recommendations is believed to be accurate to the best knowledge of Hydroviv, and is based on publicly available information and/or private data obtained from water quality tests. The information provided relates only to the specific product recommended. Hydroviv assumes no legal responsibility for use of or reliance upon the information provided.
- Assessment Disclaimer: All information, product claims, and statements are made in good faith and believed to be true, and are offered for your evaluation and verification only. For all HYDROVIV products, determination of suitability, application use, and fitness for a particular purpose is the sole responsibility of the buyer.
- HYDROVIV assumes no liability or responsibility for your individual water filtration results.
RECOMMENDED ROUTINE MAINTENANCE
- We recommend installing a pressure reducing valve before the undersink drinking water purification systems system. This will reduce the water pressure flow to the system and will prevent water pressure spikes, water hammering, and excessive water pressure build-up. The recommended operating water pressure range is 30-60 psi. To avoid property damage, you may also utilize a leak detector.
- Hydroviv drinking water filtration systems are built for performance, reliability and safety. For added safety, customers can purchase a leak detecting valve or leak detector.
- Hydroviv point of use systems should be periodically cleaned inside the cartridge housings with a clean damp cloth. Some customers may experience build up or film located on the outside of the cartridge. This can vary based on existing water conditions and represents items being trapped by the cartridge and removed from the water.
- To avoid bacteria during initial storage or before initial use, chlorination is used on Hydroviv cartridge housings. Do not store cartridges in a humid, moist or otherwise non-dry environment, even indoors. Should cartridges encounter humidity or come in contact with moisture, simply air them out completely before use to avoid any taste/odor issues. Taste/odor are harmless, but can be avoided by proper storage and ventilation.
WEBSITE & PRIVACY
- You must be at least 18 years old to use this Site.
- Everything on the website is copyrighted by Hydroviv, unless otherwise noted.
- Hydroviv takes reasonable measures designed to prevent unauthorized intrusion to the Site and the alteration, acquisition or misuse of personal information. Hydroviv cautions consumers and visitors to this Site, however, that no network is entirely secure. Accordingly, Hydroviv cannot be responsible for loss, corruption or unauthorized acquisition of personal information furnished to this Site and/or stored by us, or for any damages resulting from such loss, corruption or unauthorized acquisition.
- Hydroviv takes reasonable steps to ensure that the information on the website is accurate and updated, but mistakes do happen. Accordingly, Hydroviv is not responsible inaccurate information on the website.
WHAT DATA DOES OUR WEBSITE COLLECT?
We may collect the following categories of information on our website and use them for the purposes explained below.
- Website activity: Data about your browsing activity on our website
- Device and browser information: Technical information about the device or browser you use to access our website. For example, your device's IP address, and (in the case of mobile devices) your device type and mobile device's unique identifier such as the Apple IDFA or Android Advertising ID.
- Contact Information: If you choose to provide your name, email address or phone number
- Account Information: If you open a account, we will collect your username and a password and other information to necessary to open and access your account
- Customer Service Information: Information you may provide to customer service
- Financial Information: Credit card number or other payment account information. This information is collected directly by our payments processors and is not stored at Hydroviv.
- Third party information: We may collect additional information about you from third party sources where we have the rights to do so.
We use this data to:
- provide services and customer support
- collect fees and troubleshoot problems
- prevent potential fraud and enforce our Terms of Service
- customize, measure, and improve our website and services
- deliver targeted marketing to you
- contact you by email or phone about your account or our services including to market our services to you
We take your privacy very seriously, and will never sell your personally identifiable information. We will only disclose your personally identifiable information under the following scenarios:
- Companies we contract with who help with critical parts of our business operations have access to our website’s back end. Examples of the types of 3rd parties with access to our website include: web developers, lawyers, and accountants. We require that our service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us.
- In connection with legal proceedings: When we are under a legal obligation to do so, for example to comply with a binding order of a court, or where disclosure is necessary to exercise, establish or defend the legal rights of Hydroviv.
- In connection with a sale of our business: If a third party acquires some or all of our business or assets, we may disclose your information in connection with the sale.
We recognize how important your online privacy is to you, so we offer the following options for controlling the targeted ads you receive and how we use your data:
- You can opt-out of receiving targeted ads served by us: You can opt out of receiving targeted ads served by us or on our behalf by clicking on the blue icon in the corner of the ads we serve. Please note that, if you delete your cookies or upgrade your browser after having opted out, you will need to opt out again. Further, if you use multiple browsers or devices you will need to execute this opt out on each browser or device. If you opt-out we may collect some data about your online activity for operational purposes (such as fraud prevention) but it won't be used by us for the purpose of targeting ads to you.
- You can opt-out of receiving targeted ads served by us or other advertising companies: You may use the NAI opt out tool here, which will allow you to opt out of seeing targeted ads from us and from other NAI approved member companies.
- We also comply with the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). You may opt out of receiving targeted ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services, including some that we may work with as Advertising Partners via the DAA website here.
- We also comply with the Canadian Self-regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada (DAAC). You may opt out of receiving targeted ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services, including some that we may work with as Advertising Partners via the DAAC website here.
- We also adhere to the European Interactive Advertising Digital Alliance (EDAA) guidelines for online advertising and you may opt out via their Your Online Choiceswebsite.
- Please note that when using the ad industry opt-out tools described above:
- If you opt-out we may still collect some data about your online activity for operational purposes (such as fraud prevention) but it won't be used by us for the purpose of targeting ads to you.
- If you use multiple browsers or devices you may need to execute this opt out on each browser or device.
- Other ad companies’ opt-outs may function differently than our opt-out.
- You can request that we stop email marketing to you. You can use the unsubscribe link in our marketing emails or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- DATA RETENTION
Identifiable information about you is held no longer than necessary for our business purposes or to meet legal requirements.
We apply technical, administrative and organizational security measures to protect the data we collect against accidental or unlawful destruction and loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, in particular where the processing involves the transmission of data over a network, and against other unlawful forms of processing.
CHANGES TO POLICIES
Hydroviv reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of this Policy, at any time. It is your responsibility to check this Policy periodically for changes.
Questions regarding policies should be directed to email@example.com, or at the following physical mailing address:
1375 Maryland Ave NE
Washington, DC 20002