Hydroviv's Policies: Last Update September 18th, 2023
Plain English Summary:
SHIPPING & TURNAROUND POLICY: Hydroviv's products are made-to-order. New orders typically ship within 2-4 business days of order receipt. If we have a backlog, we will let you know.
- A return authorization must be requested from our customer service team within 30 days of delivery. To request a return authorization, please contact Customer Service at [email protected]. Returns sent without an associated authorization are not eligible for a refund.
- You must return the product to Hydroviv to receive a refund. Returned Product(s) must be in good physical condition (not physically broken or damaged). The address to ship returned merchandise to is:
Hydroviv (Attn Returns)
2944 Middlebrook Pike
Knoxville, TN 37921
- All returns are subject to a restocking fee of 25% of the Purchase Price of the returned item(s), and any refund will be reduced by the amount of the restocking fee.
- Only full systems are eligible for returns. Replacement parts and/or components are not eligible for a return.
- Used replacement cartridges are not eligible for return.
- You are responsible for and must handle all return shipping charges. You assume the risk of loss or damage to the returned Product(s) while in transit back to Hydroviv. We recommend insuring the purchase. Shipping and handling charges, gift wrap fees, and taxes paid for/in association with returned items are not refundable.
- If the system was purchased as part of a bundle from Hydroviv's website, the filter system cost (Purchase Price will be calculated by the retail cost of the system at the time of purchase, minus discounts/promo codes to the purchase).
QUESTIONS? Contact us at [email protected]. We are here for you.
Details Of Our Policy:
All Hydroviv Policies ("Policy") applies to purchases of Hydroviv products made by consumers from Hydroviv, LLC. ("Hydroviv") and visitors to this website (“Site”). By using this “Site” and/or purchasing any product (“Product”) from Hydroviv you agree to this Policy. This Site is controlled by Hydroviv from its locations in Washington, DC, USA and Knoxville, TN, USA. It may be accessed from any state as well as other countries. Because laws may differ, by accessing this Site, you agree that the laws of Washington DC will apply to all matters arising out of use of this Site. This Policy represents the only agreement between Hydroviv and the consumer regarding the use of this site for any purpose
30 DAY GUARANTEE & WARRANTY FOR ALL PRODUCTS
All Hydroviv Policies ("Policy") applies to purchases of Hydroviv products made by consumers from Hydroviv, LLC. ("Hydroviv") and visitors to this website (“Site”). By using this “Site” and/or purchasing any product (“Product”) from Hydroviv you agree to this Policy. This Site is controlled by Hydroviv from its location in Knoxville, TN USA. It may be accessed from any state as well as other countries. Because laws may differ, by accessing this Site, you agree that the laws of Knoxville, TN USA. will apply to all matters arising out of use of this Site. This Policy represents the only agreement between Hydroviv and the consumer regarding the use of this site for any purpose
30 DAY GUARANTEE & WARRANTY FOR ALL PRODUCTS
If you are unsatisfied with your purchase from Hydroviv for any reason, you have 30 days from the date the product was delivered to request a return authorization.
To qualify for a refund, all the following conditions, terms, and conditions must be met:
- A return authorization must be requested from our customer service team within 30 days of delivery. To request a return authorization, please contact Customer Service at [email protected].
- If the system was purchased as part of an Installed Package from Hydroviv's website, the filter system cost (calculated by the retail cost of the system at time of purchase, minus discounts/promo codes to the purchase). Installation charges are not refundable, and the customer is responsible for disconnecting the system for return.
- You must return the Product to Hydroviv to receive a refund. Returned Product(s) must be in good physical condition (not physically broken or damaged).
- Shipping and handling charges, gift wrap fees, and taxes paid for returns are not refundable.
- You are responsible for and must prepay all return shipping charges and you assume the risk of loss or damage to the returned Product(s) while in transit back to Hydroviv. We recommend insuring the shipment.
- ALL refunds are in Hydroviv’s sole discretion and are subject to a restocking fee as described hereinabove.
In addition to our 30-day guarantee, Hydroviv products are covered by a one-year Manufacturer's Limited Warranty against defects in materials and workmanship. Hydroviv reserves the right to deny your warranty or other claim if it is found that the product was improperly installed, damaged, modified or abused.
- Hydroviv does not reimburse customers for other expenses incurred, such as but not limited to installation and setup fees, damages caused by product, professional services, or legal fees, and will not respond to requests for such.
- ALL refunds are at Hydroviv’s sole discretion. All returned products WILL be carefully analyzed to determine if it has been used, abused, modified or damaged in any way, either damaged during installation, or operated under improper conditions. Any refund determined to be due will be issued at the conclusion of the analysis. Misapplication of the product, damage from overpressure, water pressure spikes, freeze damage, improper water conditions, and installation damage do not qualify for a refund.
Subscription Terms Of Service
"Hydroviv" provides a replacement subscription service. By subscribing to our service, you have confirmed that you accept our Terms of Service. Your subscription will automatically renew on a recurring basis at which time your provided payment method will be charged automatically for the subscription products until you cancel your subscription. Taxes and shipping fees may apply. You may cancel your subscription at any time from the Subscriptions section of your account.
DISCLAIMER OF LIABILITY FOR ALL PRODUCTS AND INSTALLATION SERVICES
For all products and services: Hydroviv is not responsible or financially liable for any water damage, property damage, or personal injury, direct or indirect, that may occur from normal and correct use of the products we sell, catastrophic failure of the products we sell, failure to properly connect the units to the water supply lines, and/or failure to understand and observe the proper water pressure ratings and requirements for these units. Use, install, and monitor all of our products solely at your own risk. Do not expose any of these units to freezing temperatures (<33 degrees Fahrenheit) or direct sunlight (UV rays).
- In all circumstances, HYDROVIV's maximum liability is limited to the purchase price of the product(s) sold.
- Hydroviv has no liability toward any plumbing fees or bills nor any or all plumbing work and connecting these units to the water supply is done at your own risk.
- Always check all connections for leaks periodically. Hydroviv is not responsible for any leaks or water damage.
- For all Hydroviv products, the determination of product suitability, application use of the product, and the fitness of a product for a particular purpose is the sole responsibility of the buyer.
WATER QUALITY ASSESSMENTS
- The information and/or water report used to make product recommendations is believed to be accurate to the best knowledge of HYDROVIV. and is based on publicly available information and/or private data obtained from water quality tests. The information provided relates only to the specific product recommended. Hydroviv assumes no legal responsibility for use of or reliance upon the information provided.
- Assessment Disclaimer: All information, product claims, and statements are made in good faith and believed to be true, and are offered for your evaluation and verification only. For all Hydroviv products, the determination of suitability, application use, and fitness for a particular purpose is the sole responsibility of the buyer.
RECOMMENDED ROUTINE MAINTENANCE
- For homes with very high or fluctuating water pressure, we recommend installing a pressure-reducing valve before the under sink drinking water purification systems system. This will reduce the water pressure flow to the system and will prevent water pressure spikes, water hammering, and excessive water pressure build-up. The recommended operating water pressure range is 30-80 psi.
- For added safety, customers can purchase a leak-detecting valve or leak detector.
- HYDROVIV point-of-use systems should be periodically cleaned inside the cartridge housings with a clean damp cloth. Some customers may experience build-up or film located on the outside of the cartridge. This can vary based on existing water conditions and represents items being trapped by the cartridge and removed from the water.
- We recommend periodically cleaning debris from faucet aerators
O-ring Inspection and Replacement:
Regularly check the O-ring used in the system for any signs of wear, damage, or degradation. The O-ring is typically located in the cartridge housing. If you notice any cracks, tears, or deterioration in the O-ring, it should be replaced promptly. Contact Hydroviv for further guidance on obtaining and installing a replacement O-ring.
WEBSITE & PRIVACY
- You must be 18 years old to use this site.
- Everything on the website is copyrighted by Hydroviv, unless otherwise noted.
- Hydroviv takes reasonable measures designed to prevent unauthorized intrusion to the Site and the alteration, acquisition or misuse of personal information. Hydroviv cautions consumers and visitors to this Site, however, that no network is entirely secure. Accordingly, Hydroviv cannot be responsible for loss, corruption or unauthorized acquisition of personal information furnished to this Site and/or stored by us, or for any damages resulting from such loss, corruption or unauthorized acquisition.
- Hydroviv takes reasonable steps to ensure that the information on the website is accurate and updated, but mistakes do happen. Accordingly, Hydroviv is not responsible inaccurate information on the website.
WHAT DATA DOES OUR WEBSITE COLLECT?
We may collect the following categories of information on our website and use them for the purposes explained below.
- Website activity: Data about your browsing activity on our website
- Device and browser information: Technical information about the device or browser you use to access our website. For example, your device's IP address, and (in the case of mobile devices) your device type and mobile device's unique identifier such as the Apple IDFA or Android Advertising ID.
- Contact Information: If you choose to provide your name, email address or phone number
- Account Information: If you open a account, we will collect your username and a password and other information to necessary to open and access your account
- Customer Service Information: Information you may provide to customer service
- Financial Information: Credit card number or other payment account information. This information is collected directly by our payments processors and is not stored at Hydroviv.
- Third party information: We may collect additional information about you from third party sources where we have the rights to do so.
We use this data to:
- provide services and customer support
- collect fees and troubleshoot problems
- prevent potential fraud and enforce our Terms of Service
- customize, measure, and improve our website and services
- deliver targeted marketing to you
- contact you by email or phone about your account or our services including to market our services to you
We take your privacy very seriously, and will never sell your personally identifiable information. We will only disclose your personally identifiable information under the following scenarios:
- Companies we contract with who help with critical parts of our business operations have access to our website’s back end. Examples of the types of 3rd parties with access to our website include: web developers, lawyers, and accountants. We require that our service providers only use your information in connection with the services they perform for us.
- In connection with legal proceedings: When we are under a legal obligation to do so, for example to comply with a binding order of a court, or where disclosure is necessary to exercise, establish or defend the legal rights of Hydroviv.
- In connection with a sale of our business: If a third party acquires some or all of our business or assets, we may disclose your information in connection with the sale.
The personally identifiable information that you provide to us and information about your order may be combined with other personally identifiable information (such as demographic information and past purchase history) available from our records and other sources. We also use Pixel Tags to collect additional information regarding your browsing experience. This information will be used to make our future marketing efforts more efficient and to provide you with a more relevant and timely brand and shopping experience. This information may also be shared with our third party service providers that assist us with our marketing efforts and with other marketers whose products or services we feel may be of interest to you. If you prefer that we do not share your name and address with other marketers, please email us at [email protected]
The above excludes text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties.
We recognize how important your online privacy is to you, so we offer the following options for controlling the targeted ads you receive and how we use your data:
- You can opt-out of receiving targeted ads served by us: You can opt out of receiving targeted ads served by us or on our behalf by clicking on the blue icon in the corner of the ads we serve. Please note that, if you delete your cookies or upgrade your browser after having opted out, you will need to opt out again. Further, if you use multiple browsers or devices you will need to execute this opt out on each browser or device. If you opt-out we may collect some data about your online activity for operational purposes (such as fraud prevention) but it won't be used by us for the purpose of targeting ads to you.
- You can opt-out of receiving targeted ads served by us or other advertising companies: You may use the NAI opt out tool here, which will allow you to opt out of seeing targeted ads from us and from other NAI approved member companies.
- We also comply with the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). You may opt out of receiving targeted ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services, including some that we may work with as Advertising Partners via the DAA website here.
- We also comply with the Canadian Self-regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada (DAAC). You may opt out of receiving targeted ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services, including some that we may work with as Advertising Partners via the DAAC website here.
- We also adhere to the European Interactive Advertising Digital Alliance (EDAA) guidelines for online advertising and you may opt out via their Your Online Choices website.
- Please note that when using the ad industry opt-out tools described above:
- If you opt-out we may still collect some data about your online activity for operational purposes (such as fraud prevention) but it won't be used by us for the purpose of targeting ads to you.
- If you use multiple browsers or devices you may need to execute this opt out on each browser or device.
- Other ad companies’ opt-outs may function differently than our opt-out.
- You can request that we stop email marketing to you. You can use the unsubscribe link in our marketing emails or contact [email protected].
Identifiable information about you is held no longer than necessary for our business purposes or to meet legal requirements.
We apply technical, administrative and organizational security measures to protect the data we collect against accidental or unlawful destruction and loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, in particular where the processing involves the transmission of data over a network, and against other unlawful forms of processing.
Hydroviv, LLC (“Hydroviv”, “us”, “we”, “our”) is a leading manufacturer of water filtration systems and uses its website, www.hydroviv.com (“the Website”), to provide excellent service to all of its customers and potential customers. We are committed to accessibility for all persons, including people with disabilities. We believe that everyone should have the opportunity to navigate, interact, and engage with the Website, regardless of their abilities. We are therefore working to make the Website as assessable as possible.
Our ongoing accessibility effort works towards conforming the Website to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) version 2.1, level AA criteria. See, . These guidelines not only help make web content accessible to users with sensory, cognitive and mobility disabilities, but ultimately to all users, regardless of ability.
While we strive to provide an accessible experience for all users, we acknowledge that some limitations may exist. These limitations may be a result of factors beyond our control, third-party integrations, or technical constraints. We are committed to minimizing these limitations and welcome your feedback to help us improve.
Our Website has been or is being tested in various environments to ensure its compatibility and functionality. These include desktop browsers on Windows and macOS, as well as mobile devices running Android and iOS. We strive to provide a consistent experience across different platforms and screen sizes.
Our Website also makes available the that is powered by a dedicated accessibility server. The software allows our Website to improve its compliance with WCAG 2.1.
We appreciate your support and feedback as we work towards enhancing the accessibility of our Website. Your feedback is invaluable in helping us improve and provide an inclusive online experience for everyone.
If you encounter any difficulties viewing or navigating the content on the Website, or wish to submit your feedback regarding the accessibility of our Website, please email our team at [email protected] with “Disabled Access” in the subject line and provide a description of the specific feature you feel is not fully accessible or a suggestion for improvement. Alternatively, you may call us at (800) 676-9312, our hours are M–F: 10am-6pm ET. We value your input and will make every effort to address any issues promptly.
AccessiBe Accessibility Statement
We firmly believe that the internet should be available and accessible to anyone and are committed to providing a website that is accessible to the broadest possible audience, regardless of ability.
To fulfill this, we aim to adhere as strictly as possible to the World Wide Web Consortium’s (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.1 (WCAG 2.1) at the AA level. These guidelines explain how to make web content accessible to people with a wide array of disabilities. Complying with those guidelines helps us ensure that the website is accessible to blind people, people with motor impairments, visual impairment, cognitive disabilities, and more.
This website utilizes various technologies that are meant to make it as accessible as possible at all times. We utilize an accessibility interface that allows persons with specific disabilities to adjust the website’s UI (user interface) and design it to their personal needs.
Additionally, the website utilizes an AI-based application that runs in the background and optimizes its accessibility level constantly. This application remediates the website’s HTML, adapts its functionality and behavior for screen-readers used by blind users, and for keyboard functions used by individuals with motor impairments.
If you wish to contact AccessiBe, please email [email protected].
Screen-reader and keyboard navigation
Our website implements the ARIA attributes (Accessible Rich Internet Applications) technique, alongside various behavioral changes, to ensure blind users visiting with screen-readers can read, comprehend, and enjoy the website’s functions. As soon as a user with a screen-reader enters your site, they immediately receive a prompt to enter the Screen-Reader Profile so they can browse and operate your site effectively. Here’s how our website covers some of the most important screen-reader requirements:
- Screen-reader optimization: we run a process that learns the website’s components from top to bottom, to ensure ongoing compliance even when updating the website. In this process, we provide screen-readers with meaningful data using the ARIA set of attributes. For example, we provide accurate form labels; descriptions for actionable icons (social media icons, search icons, cart icons, etc.); validation guidance for form inputs; element roles such as buttons, menus, modal dialogues (popups), and others.
Additionally, the background process scans all of the website’s images. It provides an accurate and meaningful image-object-recognition-based description as an ALT (alternate text) tag for images that are not described. It will also extract texts embedded within the image using an OCR (optical character recognition) technology. To turn on screen-reader adjustments at any time, users need only to press the Alt+1 keyboard combination. Screen-reader users also get automatic announcements to turn the Screen-reader mode on as soon as they enter the website.
These adjustments are compatible with popular screen readers such as JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver, and TalkBack.
Additionally, keyboard users will find content-skip menus available at any time by clicking Alt+2, or as the first element of the site while navigating with the keyboard. The background process also handles triggered popups by moving the keyboard focus towards them as soon as they appear, not allowing the focus to drift outside.
Users can also use shortcuts such as “M” (menus), “H” (headings), “F” (forms), “B” (buttons), and “G” (graphics) to jump to specific elements.
Disability profiles supported on our website
- Epilepsy Safe Profile: this profile enables people with epilepsy to safely use the website by eliminating the risk of seizures resulting from flashing or blinking animations and risky color combinations.
- Vision Impaired Profile: this profile adjusts the website so that it is accessible to the majority of visual impairments such as Degrading Eyesight, Tunnel Vision, Cataract, Glaucoma, and others.
- Cognitive Disability Profile: this profile provides various assistive features to help users with cognitive disabilities such as Autism, Dyslexia, CVA, and others, to focus on the essential elements more easily.
- ADHD Friendly Profile: this profile significantly reduces distractions and noise to help people with ADHD, and Neurodevelopmental disorders browse, read, and focus on the essential elements more easily.
- Blind Users Profile (Screen-readers): this profile adjusts the website to be compatible with screen-readers such as JAWS, NVDA, VoiceOver, and TalkBack. A screen-reader is installed on the blind user’s computer, and this site is compatible with it.
- Keyboard Navigation Profile (Motor-Impaired): this profile enables motor-impaired persons to operate the website using the keyboard Tab, Shift+Tab, and the Enter keys. Users can also use shortcuts such as “M” (menus), “H” (headings), “F” (forms), “B” (buttons), and “G” (graphics) to jump to specific elements.
Additional UI, design, and readability adjustments
- Font adjustments –users can increase and decrease its size, change its family (type), adjust the spacing, alignment, line height, and more.
- Color adjustments –users can select various color contrast profiles such as light, dark, inverted, and monochrome. Additionally, users can swap color schemes of titles, texts, and backgrounds with over seven different coloring options.
- Animations –epileptic users can stop all running animations with the click of a button. Animations controlled by the interface include videos, GIFs, and CSS flashing transitions.
- Content highlighting –users can choose to emphasize essential elements such as links and titles. They can also choose to highlight focused or hovered elements only.
- Audio muting –users with hearing devices may experience headaches or other issues due to automatic audio playing. This option lets users mute the entire website instantly.
- Cognitive disorders –we utilize a search engine linked to Wikipedia and Wiktionary, allowing people with cognitive disorders to decipher meanings of phrases, initials, slang, and others.
- Additional functions –we allow users to change cursor color and size, use a printing mode, enable a virtual keyboard, and many other functions.
Assistive technology and browser compatibility
We aim to support as many browsers and assistive technologies as possible, so our users can choose the best fitting tools for them, with as few limitations as possible. Therefore, we have worked very hard to be able to support all major systems that comprise over 95% of the user market share, including Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, Opera and Microsoft Edge, JAWS, and NVDA (screen readers), both for Windows and MAC users.
Notes, comments, and feedback
Despite our very best efforts to allow anybody to adjust the website to their needs, there may still be pages or sections that are not fully accessible, are in the process of becoming accessible, or are lacking an adequate technological solution to make them accessible. Still, we are continually improving our accessibility, adding, updating, improving its options and features, and developing and adopting new technologies. All this is meant to reach the optimal level of accessibility following technological advancements. If you wish to contact AccessiBe, please email [email protected].
CHANGES TO POLICIES
Hydroviv reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to change, modify, add, or remove portions of this Policy, at any time. It is your responsibility to check this Policy periodically for changes.
Questions regarding policies should be directed to [email protected], or by sending mail the following physical mailing address:Hydroviv, LLC
2944 Middlebrook Pike
Knoxville, TN 37921